Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Language Is Dead

4
Every Book In This Room

If I could read every book
In this room
And figure you out
I’d know the person I once was
And will be.

If I could unfold the pages
Of you
What words would seep
Out and be written
My skin
In fine spidery script?

And if I could know
Your ugliness
Will I shy away or
Face it, turning into the
Light of your anger
Like the sun.

And if I could read every book
In this room, will my learning
Be in doubt and what I thought
I knew, I did not
Know.

Or will I believe in your truth
The way birds believe the truth
Of the sky. 

1 comment:

  1. I like it! I love the thought of someone discovering who I am by reading all my books. It would take you a while, and your learning would be completely in doubt. (-: God bless!

    ReplyDelete